The Indonesian Language Ambassador Program (ILAP) aims to connect secondary students with young Australians (under 30) who have experienced living, travelling and working in Indonesia.
Ambassadors share their personal stories relating to their study and love of Indonesia and Indonesian language, inspiring students in years 7-10 to pursue or continue a lifelong engagement with Indonesia
Ambassadors may also assist in class and undertake various mentoring activities with individuals or groups of students.
- Thank you very much for this opportunity. My students at Scotch College are really able to relate, understand and look up the Indonesian Language Ambassador. Thank you so much for sharing your passion and love for Indonesian language.
Teacher, Scotch College, Swanbourne
- The ambassador provided insight into “Real people” benefitting from learning Indonesian & their exciting lives. Before this visit I wasn’t sure that the students believed me that Indonesian is useful for such interesting career paths.
Teacher, Helena College
- Thank you for the opportunity, and I look forward to having a Language ambassador speak to my Year 7 and Year 9 classes in the future.
Teacher, Governor Stirling Senior High School
Meet our current Language Ambassadors (Click on this heading.)
Become a BBIP Language Ambassador
Do you have:
- some knowledge of Indonesian language and culture?
- experience working with Indonesians in Indonesia or Australia through travel, education, work or leisure?
- some time available (a school visit, including travel is approximately 3 hours) twice per year?
- a ‘pay-it-forward’ attitude?
ASYIK!!!! BBIP encourages you to complete and submit an Ambassador-application or contact us if you have enquiries.
Invite an Ambassador to your school