Under an agreement with the Department of Education WA, Balai Bahasa Indonesia Perth each year brings to Western Australia, young Indonesians to work as Indonesian language assistants and ambassadors for Indonesia in Indonesian language classes in public schools. Language Assistants must be recent graduates in the area of education with English or Indonesian language focus or at least a passion for Indonesia language in the teaching field.
Applications for 2024 Program NOW OPEN (Closing 15 Sept 2023)
If you are Indonesian and living in Indonesia this may be the opportunity for you. Applicants must:
- Be under the age of 31 years as of 31 December 2024 i.e. Born after 31 Dec 1993
- Hold a recent graduate degree (S1), preferably majoring in the teaching of Indonesian language or English language.
- Have good written and oral English ability (proven by IELTS score minimum 6.0 or TOEFL IBT score minimum 90)
- Be interested in and passionate about promoting the language and cultures of Indonesia
- Read the LAP_Guidelines_2024
- Complete the online application form (link below) which includes:
- an application letter written in English
- Your latest English Language Proficiency test (IELTS minimum 6, OR TOEFL IBT min 90)
TOEFL ITP (Institutional Testing Program) NOT ACCEPTED
- a letter of recommendation from their immediate supervisor or manager
- a self-written short essay (500 words) in English on the applicant’s motivation or expression of interest to take part in the LAP program including their personal attributes
- a letter from a guarantor in Indonesia stating that they will cover the cost of returning the applicant to Indonesia in an emergency
- Be available for a phone or online interview if required during the selection process
- If selected, take a medical examination in Indonesia
- If selected, be willing and ready to be posted to any location within the state of Western Australia
- If selected, arrange own travel documents (passport and visa), return ticket to Perth, health insurance and other necessary expenses that may occur
DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 2 YEARS FULL TIME TEACHING EXPERIENCE AS YOU MAY NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE SPECIAL PROGRAM VISA UNDER AUSTRALIAN IMMIGRATION LAW.
Only applications submitted via the online application form above will be accepted.
GREAT MEMORIES OF LANGUAGE ASSISTANTS PAST
2020 Language Assistants